Wednesday, October 15, 2008

a little piece of happy

What can take your mind off of another boring day at work? What shakes up the monotony of life? New hope! New promise! And best of all, new stuff!

Today I am focusing on the material things because well, Madonna said it best, didn't she?

Isn't it pretty? This is one of the reasons I am so impatiently ready to get out of this apartment and into my new one. If you've seen my current space (or if you have any idea the meager sq. footage that makes a Manhattan bedroom) you surely are just as psyched as I am because you know I have found an amazing place if it will fit this baby. I can't wait to fill it with all of the books that up until this point have been on top of my dresser, under my alarm clock and even stacked up on the floor. Now my current set-up does have a young, urban rite-of-passage feel to it. I kind of like being able to say I use my radiator not to keep warm but as a place for my ever-growing collection of galleys...however, this bookcase and all it means thrills the book hoarding addict in me possibly even more than a critter-free apartment does.

3 comments:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

love the shelf so functional yet chic!

stephdog01 said...

It's so true that sometimes buying yourself something nice, pretty, or shiny is like a refreshing treat that does bring happiness & makes you feel like a new woman. An armchair would do that for me right about now.

Natalie | Make Today Great said...

I love that book shelf! I think my friend has that in her entryway -- it's full of all sorts of cute boxes and then you open a box and it's a mess in there. So basically it's a great way to hid stuff!! Something everyone needs.