Temps are up and humidity is on here in NYC. I had a great, relaxing but just-busy-enough-to keep-my-always-running-around-self occupied weekend. It was...
- a Summer Friday of dentist, dance, dinner, done.
- catching up with a great friend I don't get to see often enough and laughing about our embarrassing moments. (Like the time I thought I was being pulled over by a cop back in my So Cal days. Key word is thought.)
- dancing to the new Lady Gaga (Not even out yet folks. That's right.) in my jazz class. Worked. It. Out.
- hurting all weekend because I haven't danced since my trip to London.
- babysitting my roommate's dog (who she shares custody of with her ex) for a few hours -lounging with her on roomie's bed while working on my Shutterfly book from my London trip and watching The Office on DVR. Seriously. I need a dog.
- walking through Central Park to meet roomie with the dog and happening on the tail end of a marriage proposal. So cute I almost cried and I'm not a mushy person.
- a night out with a great friend and roommate, dinner at one of my fave restaurants from my UES days, and realizing at a club that we are not club people.
- promptly leaving said club to go to another really cheesy and college-type place.
- looking around about an hour later and realizing we were over it for the night. It happens.
- brunch at the Boat Basin (new fave place!) with roommate and the dog.
- going crazy with the debit card at summer sales.
- good conversation, new faces, great food, and precious time on our patio tonight. Humidity be damned!
It is SO GOOD to be back. Bring on the summer!