Saturday, December 6, 2008

I was the weird kid who made lists of everything... that obviously hasn't changed.

Wow, I'm such a bad blogger.

It has been almost a month since my last blog post.

I definitely do not deserve the award I received from a boy, a girl and a pug. (Though there is some nepotism going on there -- she is my cousin.) I was also challenged to spill five addictions. Since I don't even know where to start with an "update" post (work, holidays, traveling, and dating all included), I might as well rise to the occassion.

1. My DVR -- My boyfriend. Sometimes I scroll through the channels and search for movies to record. Even though I know they are on five hundred times a month, watching them on my schedule (and commercial free!) is so much more exciting! Sometimes I even sleep with the remote. Kinky, right?

2. cheap tacos from the taco truck three blocks from my apartment -- This is a new addiction. While "cheap" is relative (this is NY, people) and the tacos burn a hole in my stomach every time I eat them, I can't resist.

3. Holidays in New York -- I admit, I am developing quite a pechant for all things merry and bright. Last night I dragged the guy I've been seeing to "the tree" in Rockefeller Center and even though it looks just like it did last year, this year it is so much better. The lobby of my office has an absolutely gorgeous holiday display including two beautiful menorahs (again, this is NY). Makes me smile on my way into the elevator. Mission accomplished!

4. playlist.com and pandora.com -- These two sites are responsible for many a quicker work day. We are not allowed to use ITunes and when I get sick of the music on my IPOD, I can always find something I want to listen to there. Check them out!

5. books -- Warning! Shameless plug is coming! Anyone who knows anything about me knows I'm obsessed with books...so much so that I decided to make them my career. This year, the publishing companies got together and launched the "Books Equal Gifts" campain. The idea is that since this year many Americans will be giving despite tightened purse strings, a book is a great, personalized and inexpensive gift for anyone and everyone who loves a great story. Please support the book business and get your Barnes, Borders or Amazon on.

1 comment:

a boy a girl and a pug said...

you are brave cuz on those tacos! traveling food puts the fear in me.
great list!