Sunday, June 19, 2011

getting goofy over summer

Happy Father's Day to everyone. It was a beautiful day in NYC today. And I had a lovely chat with my dad on the phone tonight where I heard the story of how my brother and I got him the same thing for Father's Day! Too funny!

This weekend I explored two new parts of the city! Yesterday I spent some time in Battery Park City, hanging out with a fun five-year-old at splash parks (a concept entirely lost on this beach-going girl before she moved to the concrete jungle). Today I walked home from the Upper East Side and the route took me through newer parts of Central Park: The Conservatory Garden, Harlem Meer and North Meadow.

Love. The. Park. Makes me wonder why I don't spend every single weekend there.

Where did this weekend go?? I'm in the mood for picnics, cool drinks, bbqs, laughs and lots of friends. I'm going into this summer with the highest of hopes. Yep, it is going to be sunny.

What are you all looking forward to this summer?

"In summer, the song sings itself."
William Carlos Williams

No comments: