I've noticed that some in my blog roll are doing "thankful" posts. One person had the idea of doing 10 things today, tomorrow, and Thanksgiving Day. I think it is a wonderful idea to think of 30 things I am thankful for and perhaps it will give life a bit more perspective (and who doesn't need to be reminded of how lucky they are from time to time?) so here I go for Tues...
I am thankful for...
1. the food I just put in my stomach. It is so basic and I take it for granted three times a day, every day but there are those in the world who don't go to bed with stomachs full. So when I feel gross or "fat" I just remember that I could be starving like so many are.
2. my DVR. I've waxed poetic about it before. I went from no cable TV to the ability to record and rewind a pleathora of channels. 'Nuff said.
3. autumn in New York. Oh, how I love this city.
4. things that make me laugh, like The Office.
5. a family I am close to. I was talking about them tonight and felt a swell of gratitude over how much they have supported me over the course of my life.
6. great friends who will text you back with an answer when you ask how long one should wait before they assume they have been stood up.
7. The fact that I wasn't stood up tonight. And had a nice time.
8. toothbrushes, toothpaste and other personal hygiene items. They just make life more pleasant.
9. BOOKS! Can't believe I got to #9 before mentioning this one. They have truly made my life what it is and made me who I am.
10. the bravery and confidence I have gained with the realization of a dream and the reality of that realization. I do the best I can with what I have and on a great day I am so thankful for all the experiences I've had; good, bad, and ugly.
Have a Great (Long) Weekend.
3 days ago