Monday, November 23, 2009

"How many ounces are in a cup?" and other pre-Thanksgiving adventures

I just got back from grocery shopping for Thanksgiving with my roommate.

I went without a list.

I'm lucky I didn't hyperventilate right there in the store. It is especially fun looking like an idiot while trying to decide how much shredded cheese to buy. I'm normally OK sans list if I'm not cooking. But I'm cooking and maybe it is minimal but right now I feel so stressed over money, things we bought, things we might have missed, etc.

I also feel the compulsive need to check my bank balance.

T-minus three days and counting. Here's to hoping I'll make it.

And to think that today someone actually asked me how I remain so calm all the time. Oh, if they only knew what goes on in my head...

4 comments:

MCW said...

Cooking an entire meal would be very stressful! I am sure it will all turn out perfect...

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are definately brave heading out without a list. No stressing, you can always go out last minute and get something. I'd go through your menu now, check it over and make sure you've got the supplies and then get anyting you missed. That way you aren't freaking out on Thanksgiving.

DSS said...

Hahaha..."Oh, if they only knew what goes on in my head...". This is the story of my life!

TEN and I are headed to grocery shop for our Thanksgiving and it's stressing me that he doesn't have a list. I've made mine, but he says his stuff is in his head. I don't believe it, and just know that we will foret something or buy something we don't need. Uggghh!

Ms. M said...

OMG-- thanksgiving shopping is SO expensive! And the crowds...Thank goodness Trader Joes opens at 8am now or I would STILL be waiting in line! :)

Good luck! You'll do great.