Sunday, November 8, 2009

weekend revelation

I had a revelation last night as I cooked pasta in someone else's beautiful kitchen while their 8 month old slept and I sacrificed yet another Sat night in the name of a few more 20's in my pocket. I was washing the strainer and as I lifted the red and white striped towel to dry it a voice in my head said,

Be kind to yourself.

And I thought, I would never be as mean to someone as I so often am to myself.

So as this weekend draws to a close; a weekend that didn't go as planned, that left me feeling inadequate, I will carry this new mantra forward.

And I encourage all the Type-A's, perfectionists, own-worst-critics...hell, women in general to do the same.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the best advice you can offer yourself. Stick to it! I'll keep it in mind, too.

Hey, have you tried internet dating? I don't know if that's what you're doing or not, but it's worth a shot, right?

MCW said...

I used to babysit all the time for extra money...

And love the advice. Sometimes hard to remember :)