Saturday, January 2, 2010

I rarely "go there" but today I'm gonna...

I've been eating all week. All. week. Non-stop.

This is why I do not keep sweets and junk in my apartment. If it is in the house, I will eat it.

My father's childhood Christmases were straight out of A Christmas Story or a Bing Crosby radio hour. Sugar cookies, divinity, taffy, candy - it was all there. In previous years I have done a lot of the holiday baking and have tried to limit it to a few things so that we all don't end up weighing 500 pounds by the time the New Year hits. This year I'm making the sugar cookies a bit late (I made the dough today) but my mom made the four other kinds of cookies, the pies, the candy and everything else I've been indulging in this week. Oh well. I gave up... and gave in.

I brought my Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD with me (OK, you can laugh but I've heard it works!) and some "work out clothes" thinking that while everyone was at work this past week I could be exercising and staving away the holiday lbs. Well, since I'm such a whiner you already know I've been sick and that DVD has not left my suitcase.

Now here it is January 2 and I'm feeling a bit thick around the middle... and yesterday my dad brought home chocolate covered pretzels for me from Henry's.

Somebody stop me.

5 comments:

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Jillian is mad at me. I promised I would let her back out of her DVD box on Jan. 2. It didn't so much happen. Ah ha ha. Happy new year!

MCW said...

I feel the exact same way when I go to my parents! I swear I gain 5 to 10 lbs every time I go.

Two of the girls from NYE are friends from college (they are twins) the other 2 are their friends from high school who I have just become close friends with.

Have a safe trip back to NYC!

KAC said...

Oh man I am the exact same way...I really havent stopped eating continuously since Thanksgiving and being at my parents makes it SO much worse! I need to get back to my dates with Jillian and start Weight Watchers ASAP!

DSS said...

hahaha...join the crowd! Every year I find that people are always talking about gaining weight at the holidays, and I never do. This year, however, I finally got the hand of it. Cookies and pies and cake and candy. Oh God...I've got to join a gym ASAP!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

oh that dvd is mean! yeah let's catch up soon!