Monday, January 25, 2010

my weekend was... wonderful

What is in a wonderful weekend?

And how do you replicate it?

It is only Monday but I am already looking longingly at Friday and next weekend as I want to repeat the simple yet wonderful vibe that was this past weekend:

A Friday night spent out with one of my best friends.

Giggling and dancing at a bar when it suddenly became so crowded that we were lost in the back and no one was paying attention to us anyway.

Knowing that she is such a good friend she has adopted the role of my "wing woman" even though she is recently (and happily, aww!) coupled.

Ditching the meat market to go dancing at a bar and not caring about the Jersey Shore crowd around us.

A Denver omlette, hashbrowns and toast followed by a walk in Central Park on a crisply beautiful Saturday morning.

A bonus at my second job, just because. (I'm tellin' ya, I might be babysitting until I'm 40 at this rate.)

Meeting up with another wonderful friend for Sunday afternoon dessert and a long chat. Leaving overpriced dessert place for an after party of Earl Grey at Starbucks because there was still so much left to say.

A weekend concluded feeling very blessed and content.

Honestly, if I could figure out how to bottle that, I'd be rich.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Sounds like a weekend I have been craving :)

a boy a girl and a pug said...

what a fun weekend!

Anonymous said...

sounds wonderful!

MCW said...

I love weekends like that...
I baby-sat FOREVER!!!

DSS said...

Aren't weekends with besties fabulous? So glad you had one :)

Anonymous said...

That's just the best feeling! Glad you had such a great weekend!