Friday, February 18, 2011

all you need is love


1. THE WEATHER!
Aye dios mio it is so nice out! I'm wearing a light jacket today and even that felt a bit too much when I went out a few minutes ago to get my lunch. It is supposed to get cold (darn February flukes!) again but I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts. C'mooooon Spring!
2. Groove With Me Event
My bud Summer posted about this as well so I will let you go there for pics. I had a wonderful time last night at this event even though I was feeling a bit stressed earlier in the day. It is an amazing cause and as a "former dancer" I would love to become involved in a program like this. One young girl got up and spoke to the group and I was amazed at how eloquent and well-spoken she was. I've been thinking lately about getting involved with older girls (I do the little kid thing mostly) in a mentoring program or something like that. Things like this just make my heart burst and keep me grounded.
3. Vacations!
I'm going away this weekend. Hopefully I will have lots of fun pics to post when I get back.
4. My new co-workers
I made some wonderful friends at my old job and every now and then I get sad about not being able to see their friendly faces every day. But today reminded me that I work with some wonderful people here who have been so helpful and great to get to know so far.
5. My mama
Last night someone in our neighborhood decided to have a block party (Or something. I still don't know what was going on but it really sounded like live music. . . Which is weird because we have zero bars in the general vacinity. Anyway. . .) and I could not fall asleep. So I tried calling my mom. She always calms me down. Even just hearing her voice. It must be related to biology and the fact that your mother's voice is ingrained in you in utero. Anyway, being that it was three hours earlier in CA, she was busy and didn't pick up. Then she called me early this morning even though she was super busy getting ready for work to make sure all was good. I have the best mom ever and not a day goes by that I'm not thankful for our amazing relationship.
Have a good weekend everyone! What are lovin' this Friday?

3 comments:

MCW said...

Yayee! So glad you came. (You look great BTW.)

nomo wino daph said...

I love your blog name. Saw it and had to pop I'n and say hey:)

Hope your weekend is fab!!

Little Match Girl said...

So sorry I couldn't be there(silly work things). Let's do another bloggy get together soon!