Monday, April 4, 2011

my spring weekend was...

...exhausting but GREAT!

I'm bucking the traditional list format for this one and I'm just going to spell it out. This weekend I got a couple of new roommates. I'm thrilled and these girls are super sweet. I think everyone is going to get along nicely. I did not move but as exhausted as I am today you'd think I did. I spent Friday night hanging with one roomie as we waited for her bed to be delivered and just chatted away. I was supposed to meet a friend for dinner but wanted to be around so it wasn't awkward for her to sit there waiting on the delivery. I'm glad it worked out the way it did as I had a great time sitting there and getting to know her better.

For some stupid reason I stayed up really late and really regretted it the next day when I woke up at 7:30 to start readying the apt for its new people. (Cleaning, mopping the floors, sweeping, moving large pieces of furniture, etc.) Like I said, I wasn't moving but with the cleaning and moving of furniture I did you'd think otherwise. By 2:30, the girls were moved in so I attacked the refrigerator with renewed vigor (It was gross but I wanted to make sure everyone was out before I started.) and collapsed on my bed to watch Winter's Bone (I liked it. I think Jennifer Lawrence will make a good Katniss in the Hunger Games!) before heading off to hang with super cute four and a half year old twin girls for the evening. Perfect end to the exhausting day. Next weekend I will do everything up nicely but I would have been too exhausted to do much else.

Yesterday was LOVELY. It was a gorgeous day, I was in a GREAT mood, and I'd been invited by a new-ish friend to have brunch with her and some of her friends in Brooklyn. So I hopped on the train, overestimated the time it would take to get there, and ended up with about 45 mins to kill... I went to Tarjay! I never go to Tarjay anymore. This made me even happier. I went for new curtains but instead got a couple of cute spring dresses. Oops!

Brunch was great, the company was better, and afterwards we walked around Brooklyn just soaking up the nice rays. Perfect. I came home to my nice, peaceful apartment, ran out to do my laundry, watched bad reality TV and roommate and I tried Skinnygirl Margaritas for the first time. (Not bad!)

I'm super duper tired today. Already counting down the days until next weekend! What was your weekend?

2 comments:

MCW said...

So glad you had a great weekend! I was wondering who was moving in/out. SO exciting!!!

a boy a girl and a pug said...

so glad their super sweet...glad the skinny girl margarita was good...that reminds me to tivo bethenny tonight thanks!