Wednesday, April 27, 2011

natalie portman, kool-aid and running shoes: a miscellaneous wednesday

Because I know you are all dying to know...

1. Yesterday a colleague told me I look like Natalie Portman. This is not the first time I've been told that but it has been a while. I admit it made me feel great since she's super pretty but I don't really see the resemblance...

2. I've had a bit of the Kool-Aid. I've been semi-paying attention to all this Royal Wedding stuff. (OK, I watched 2 TLC specials while babysitting the other night. Sips, people! Sips.) I guess the romantic mush in me just thinks they are super cute. Plus the anglophile in me loves all things British and I really, really want to go back to London these days.

3. For all the bellyaching I did this past weekend about not being busy, my phone was blowing up (I hate that expression but I just used it. Funny how that happens.) on Monday and I got two sitting jobs for this week plus a dinner/drinks invite from a friend. Life really does come in waves, even the smallest ones.

4. Have I mentioned how much I love the fact that I am a regular gym-goer (again) yet? Well I do. It is amazing for me and I have decided to treat regular exercise like taking my medicine. It is so good for my mental, emotional and physical state and I have been so out of it (regularly, that is) for so long. Mostly because I didn't think I could afford it... Oh I long for the days when my Y membership only cost me $18/month.

5. Speaking of which, I'm in need of a good pair of running shoes that won't cost me a ton o' cash. If anyone has good recommendations for brands and/or stores, please let me know!

6. I've been trying to go on a date with a guy now for a couple of weeks. Our schedules never seem to work out. Mostly his because he has a crazy busy job and we have both been traveling lately. Sigh.

7. Speaking of dating, I've had at least four people ask me if I am dating or have a boyfriend in the past week. Is there something on my forehead?

8. Today I got a huge shipment of books in and organized them for contest winners of a sweepstakes my department did. I felt a bit like Santa Claus and this made me smile.

9. I'm headed "home" again in just a couple of weeks but it is a surprise! Shh!

10. Time to go sweat out the small stuff!

4 comments:

MCW said...

When it rains it pours!

I hate it when organizing a date gets tough. It took pOc and I like 10 times before we were finally able to get a date down.

Jenny DB said...

Go sweat out the small stuff at the gym!! Always makes me feel better :-)

Cat said...

Okay, does the guy your trying to coordinate a date with realize that you could be Natalie's twin?!?!? I think he needs to know ;) {what a great compliment btw...she is stunning!}

xx Cat brideblu

DSS said...

Good for you for sticking with the gym, and for having that mentality...that it's like medicine. I need to do that. I just always seem to have to turn down a happy hour..and I don't make the best decision :( Guaranteed you feel better than I do the next day!

Very excited to hear about this date! And who knows, maybe all of this exercise and Natalie Portman look has people thinking something is going on :)