Friday, April 22, 2011

week of quotes - days 5 & 6

"When I get a little money I buy books;
and if I have any left I buy food and clothes."
- Desiderius Erasmus (also attributed to Abraham Lincoln)

Yesterday I ventured over to one of my old neighborhoods and discovered that an indie bookstore had opened up. I had a little time to kill before I met a friend for drinks so I wandered around inside. I quickly decided that while I don't really need another book on my bookshelf, I wanted to support my local bookstore so I purchased a "sale" book: A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.


I read thisbook the summer before I moved to New York and have wanted to own it ever since. (I'd checked it out from my library in California and vividly remember reading it in the cafeteria at my then workplace during my lunch hour.) I'm glad I bought it yesterday and am feeling quite in the mood to read it again.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Won't sleep 'til I've had enough.
Won't sip my wine from no paper cup."
- Beth Hart

This one is by my favorite singer and from one of my all-time favorite songs: Delicious Surprise. To me it is all about not giving up.

As am I...

No comments: