Saturday, October 9, 2010

deep thoughts for a saturday night

The birthday party is tonight.

I'm wearing the new little black dress, which roomie has convinced me does not make me look like a bubble.

And the black boots.

I will feel very New York. Which is rare for me.

Because I'm not New York. I'm California with a touch of the Midwest. But I am here and life is not glamorous.

I'm jeans and a tee at lunch with a wonderful friend. I'm the girl who constantly loses her keys and who chooses ice cream and conversation with a great friend over the meat market downtown. I'm a girl who cries hard and feels a lot. Who gets attached and feels loss deeply.

I was the strong willed two year old with the Shirley Temple curls. I'm the girl who still has that spirit in me.

I'm the palm trees and the 2/3 train. I'm San Francisco and Lexington Ave.

I'm entirely too mean to myself, too hard on myself, too unforgiving.

I'm the jeans and the little black dress.

Oh, and the boots too.

2 comments:

MCW said...

Love this post...amazing writer.

Anonymous said...

I really love the openess of this!