Monday, October 25, 2010

my october weekend was

I haven't done one of these in a while... I started them in an attempt to extract the small, sometimes seemingly meaningless moments from an "ordinary" weekend in order to see them in a positive and meaningful light. Here goes...

My weekend was...

Trivial Pursuit cards at an 80's theme diner with the roomie while we waited for our giant burgers. Did you know that the average woman's bra size in the 50's was 34B. I think I'm remembering that correctly...

relaxing at the movies watching the flick about the youngest billionaire ever. Thinking that I should quit Facebook. Then checking Facebook on my phone directly after the movie. Yeah...

going to dance class for the first time in a while and having that peaceful moment during warm up where I remember just how fun it is to live in this city.

going out with a new friend and realizing that sometimes you have to call it a night at 11 because you are just too darn tired.

sitting on the back of a U-Haul while I watched my favorite roommate move out and reflecting as all of my neighborhood walked by.

knowing that it will be me and that U-Haul soon.

What was your weekend?

Also, please take a moment to say a prayer or put some good thoughts out there in the universe for my blog bud, Summer, who lost her father this weekend. Summer, I am so sorry for your loss.

2 comments:

MCW said...

Glad you had a relaxing weekend. Sorry you roomie moved out...you will find your place soon enough.

a boy a girl and a pug said...

My weekend was a good chat with you. :-)