Tuesday, November 30, 2010

motivations on change

Last night I watched Amelia via Netflix and came away with a newfound respect for this incredibly brave woman. Not only did she, quite literally, spread her wings and fly, she did so as a woman during a time when women were not thought capable of doing men's work.

And as I do for most movies I watch, I took my fascination to Google and came up with this quote from Ms. Earhart:


I had this in my head as I ponder recent decisions I've made to change direction of my day-to-day and, therefore, the course of my life. Change, no matter how much one wants it, is difficult. And learning to embrace it for all that it means and all that it could mean requires that you take the bad with the good.

I don't know exactly where I am going with this except to say that even good choices are hard. Even good times bring difficulties, a new set of worries and opportunities. I don't mean to be pessimistic or go looking for negativity. I am not a peppy person. I like (hope, really) to think I am a realist. I'm not much of a dreamer, but I am a flyer. Because when all is said and done and change is changing and move is moving, the reality is what you are left with and extracting the lessons from it becomes the juice that powers everything.

No comments: