Monday, November 15, 2010

"pay no attention to that man behind the curtain:" an open letter to michelle moran

Remember that line from The Wizard of Oz? I thought of it immediately once I decided to write this...

My recent post about some of my favorite books caused a bit of excitement in my universe. Turns out the very talented Michelle Moran found my little ol' blog! *Squeal* She asked around a bit about who I could be and while I really had to fight the urge to identify myself, (I really did want to jump up and down going "It's me! It's me!") I must say I like that line between my personal and professional lives and this blog belongs squarely in the former. So in response...
Dear Ms. Moran,

I'm thrilled and honored that you found and enjoyed my post. I feel so fortunate to be able to encourage good books and reading every day and being able to meet authors whose work I love (however indirectly that encounter may be) is really icing on the cake. I really admire your talent for blending history and fiction and wish you the very best of success with Madame Tussaud.

PS - Can I please marry Henri? Please?

I think that was my first fan letter ever. I'm off to write John Krasinski now.

3 comments:

Michelle Moran said...

Ha-ha! I wondered if it would be too stalkerish to post on here directly, so instead I sent the link to my editor (who is wonderful and awesome and the best editor ever) and she promised to hunt you down to say thank-you on my behalf (which is not stalkerish at all).

Yes, you may marry Henri. In fact, I think I'm still on my First Pass, so there might even be time to write you in ;)

Thank you for posting about TUSSAUD. You're the book's very first reader, and I'm so honored to be a part of your blog!

Little Match Girl said...

AMAZING!

MCW said...

So exciting! I will HAVE to download a few of her books on my Kindle. Historical fiction is my all time favorite.