Monday, August 1, 2011

monday's three songs

With the amount of time I spend walking around with earbuds in my ears (Shh, don't tell my mother! Everyone in NYC does it!) You'd think my life had it's own soundtrack.

And that's the way I like it...

Because music is to my soul what books, dance, sweat and sun are. Nourishing.

I've been listening to these three songs on repeat as I knock out this day. (Ignore the videos. YouTube is the easiest way to share!)

Lights - Ellie Goulding

She is my new musical obsession. Her cover of "Your Song" makes me cry. Makes me believe it. I always thought Elton's version was kind of cheesy but this version makes me fall in love with a yet-non-existant person every time...

But that's not the song of the day. Here's Lights:




Let Go - Frou Frou

When the movie, Garden State with Natalie Portman and Zach Braff came out, I saw it in the theater and immediately fell in love with the soundtrack. I've loved the song ever since. Every once in a while I rediscover it.






and finally

Bright Lights - Matchbox Twenty

I'd forgotten how much I loved this song when it first came out several years ago until a couple of weeks ago when it popped up on my Pandora station.



What are your three songs today?

No comments: