Monday, June 8, 2009

weekend playlist

Friday night: Stop, Hey What's That Sound - Buffalo Springfield

Betcha can't guess why this song is my Friday night. It was pouring rain outside so I went straight home after work and couldn't really be persuaded to leave. My roommate and I ended up watching the 2nd half of Legally Blonde 2 on TV while eating dinner... This song was included in the movie. Not quite the same meaning when you consider it is played over a scene with lots of sorority girls taking on Washington for animal rights but hey...that's cable TV for ya. I finished off the night by watching The Nanny on Nick at Nite. Wild night at home for me.

Saturday: Poker Face - Lady Gaga
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion (and other songs from a certain soundtrack)


I took advantage of getting my official city girl self out of Gotham for the day by volunteering to accompany an after-school group from a PS down on the Lower East Side to Bear Mountain State Park. I got to sit in the sun, see some trees, and witness a gaggle of little girls sing the chorus to Poker Face on the bus. So cute.

After a trip to our favorite diner down the block, roomie and I settled on the couch for another chick flick. Bet you can guess what it was... What is it with me and couple influenced entertainment these days? Could I actually be embracing the romantic buried deep down inside me?

Sunday:

Cherish - Madonna
Baby, Baby - Amy Grant
What A Feeling - Irene Cara
Rhythm Nation - Janet Jackson
Take On Me - Aha

To get myself in a fun mood for the speed dating event (I'm trying to be more "zen" about dating) I played some songs from a playlist I made that reminds me of my childhood. I am really dating myself here...

I Kissed a Girl - Katy Perry

Katy Perry was playing at the lounge where the speed dating event was held last night. the song that won't go away! I met 23 guys in roughly an hour. I "picked" 7 out of 23, only really one or two of which I'd really like to see again (the others seemed nice so we'll see). Now I have to wait to see if they pick me. If they do the site releases both of our email addresses. (I'm having flashbacks from participating in sorority rush. I didn't even make it all the way through. I dropped out on the third day. Haha!)

It was interesting to see who was there. I didn't really talk to the girls but the guys were mostly new and there were a lot of people who had just relocated from different countries including 3 British guys (!) and one guy who hasn't even moved from Amsterdam yet. One guy asked me straight out if I was religious then informed me he's an athiest. My roommate (who was also there) told me he asked her and she said that she's Christian. He then asked her if she'd consider changing her mind or try to get him to change his mind. If that doesn't deserve an OMG, I don't know what does! Needless to say he was a bit socially awkward.

Good times...

1 comment:

RedCurlGirl said...

hey--i like the blog!. got your comment--i'm originally from western indiana. i'd have emailed you but when i hit reply it didn't list your address