Sunday, July 11, 2010

california dreamin' on such a winter's day...

You know it is time for a trip back to California when...

the sight of surfboards in Montauk gets you a little misty-eyed















you have to throw out the burrito you are eating for dinner because you have rendered it inedible. (Happened to me recently with one I got from Whole Foods. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking in the first place.)

you read your friend's Facebook status about getting a new clutch for her Miata and it takes you a while to figure out what that means. (Again, true story. It was like I was reading another language! This is what happens when I stop driving!)

you have no idea if you will ever here the following eight words again: partly cloudy with a temperature of seventy degrees.

you can't remember the last time someone gave you a really good hug.

your current playlist includes the California theme from The OC, California Dreamin' by the Mamas and the Papas, California Love by TuPac, Dani California by Red Hot Chili Peppers and, of course, California Gurls by Katy Perry.




No comments: