Monday, August 10, 2009

the dancer in me cried



The other night I caught the season finale of So You Think You Can Dance. As a former dancer I was thrilled about this show when it first began a few years ago and watched the first season. As with American Idol, I have a short attention span for these types of shows. I like watching the dancing, not the judges. Not to mention that Mary Murphy drives me nuts. Ugh. The season finale showed more dancing though as the judges each chose their favorites from the season and they were subsequently performed by the dancers.

This one was amazing. It is a Mia Michaels routine specifically about addiction. By the end of the short routine I was in tears. And usually things don't make me cry. Addiction aside, I think anyone who has ever felt the effects of personal inner demons will be moved by it.

My favorites from past seasons are this one from Season 1 to Message in a Bottle by The Police (amazing how they just throw themselves around) and this to Why by Annie Lennox (so emotional!)

Sorry, I tried to embed the links but don't know how. Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOVE so You think You Can Dance! And, I DVR it so I can fast forward through Mary Murphy's obnoxiousness. That is an amazing routine!